Looking to find some fresh air? What better place to go than to one of the U.S. National Parks.
Click on: http://www.nps.gov/yose
1. Where is the Park located?
2. What is the length of the Park?
3. What are its major attractions?
Let's learn something about the animals of the Park...
Click on: http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/bears.htm and
4. What is the "bear problem" about?
5. Why do bears become aggressive?
6. Should bears be killed if they become aggressive? Explain why yes and why no.
7. Why must cars parked in Yosemite Park after dark not contain food?
8. Prepare a list of things which should be removed from cars while parking in the Yosemite Park.
9. What advice is given to people camping in the Park?
10. What should people do if they are in a picnic area?
11. Explain in your own words the meaning of the expression: "bear-resistant food storage canisters".
12. What advice would you give someone who is approached by a bear?
Look at some of the photos and videos of the park
Prepare a convincing appeal to the public: HELP SAVE THE BLACK BEAR!
1999, Amal Pedagogical Technological Center
World of Nature