TO THE WORLD OF NEWS!
Click on the picture and
choose an article about sports from ABCNews.
Then look at the story's headline, picture and caption,
then answer these questions:
- What words best describe what you see?
- What do you see in the picture to make you choose the words
Answer the following questions:
- What was the most important information in the story?
- Which of the words above did the story use?
- Why did they use these words? To express opinion?
To report facts? To shock?
Follow up activity:
Make a list of the new words you found in the
story. Define them.
Use Microsoft Word to write about your summary
of this news story, include some of these words .
E-mail you summary to your teacher.
1999, Amal Pedagogical Technological Center